THE COASTAL PACKET: Collins can't make up her mind whether to support one of the worst bills of recent times

Saturday, September 23

Collins can't make up her mind whether to support one of the worst bills of recent times


WCSH- As for health care, the latest and almost certainly last Republican plan this year for repealing and replacing Obamacare is in deep trouble. Collins has not come out against it, but says she has serious reservations and is leaning against it, despite intense pressure on her from President Trump, Vice President Pence and Governor LePage.

“The governor in particular has stepped up his efforts,” Collins says. “In the end I just have to do what I think is right for the people of Maine and for our country. If I don’t do that, I can’t look myself in the mirror.”

No comments: