THE COASTAL PACKET: Gulf of Maine warming will harm key fish species

Tuesday, May 23

Gulf of Maine warming will harm key fish species

Press Herald - A new study by federal fisheries scientists predicts the warming of the Gulf of Maine will cause a dramatic contraction of suitably cool habitat for a range of key commercial fish species there. On the other hand, lobsters are more likely to find hospitable areas.

The results confirmed previous research using other models and methods that found that the Gulf of Maine can be expected to become increasingly uncomfortable for many of the cold-loving species that have thrived here for all of recorded history but are at the southern ends of their ranges. Those include cod, haddock, redfish, plaice and pollock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added"
checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails
with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Thanks!

Sam Smith said...

Check "choose an identity" below. It should allow you to change your choice.

Chris Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cabe rawit said...


Thank you, this article is very inspiring and increases knowledge

I hope the writer and the team will be more successful
Allow me to give also information about my profile and my hobby